- ShenzhenShenzhenShenzhen is located in the southern portion of the Guangdong Province. In 1980, the first Special Economic Zone of China was built here. From then on, the city become a highlight of China, one known for its rapid economic growth.
- 30000-60000 /Month
- 2101 people viewed this job
- Posted on 2017/12/23 10:56
- Young learners
- Paid holiday
- Airfare bonus
- Annual bonus
- Housing allowance
ABCtime is an online educational project under TAL. It offers an online immersion course to young learners of English aged 6-12. Using green screen techniques, a voice recognition system and interactive coursework, the product gives learners an opportunity to learn English in a fun and efficient way.
Details of the Position:
You will be responsible for delivering quality lesson programs to our ABCtime students whilst contributing to the project according to the product orientation. We are looking for experienced teachers who are dynamic and open-minded with a passion for education, as well as interested to be on camera delivering fun and interactive lessons to students. ABCtime constantly gives teachers the opportunity to learn more through broadcasting and English teaching training. Join our creative new platform, we offer an amazing opportunity to teach English to students across China and encourage drama in education.
• The TV presenter will regularly broadcast lessons via the Internet to a mass audience of students.
• The TV presenter will participate in practice and rehearsal of upcoming lessons.
• The TV presenter will support TV presenter supervisor to do performance training to other fellow TV presenters.
• The TV presenter will support curriculum research and development including but not limited to ideas and lesson structure discussions with research team, new class test and release, teaching material making.
• The TV presenter will take part in offline events and promotional activities for the project and will star in semi-frequent photo shoots for promotional use such as posters and/or lesson covers.
• The TV presenter will join and participate in regular team meetings contributing ideas in order to maintain and update the project.
• The TV presenter will act professionally and be a positive influence on all students and other teachers. Problems should be raised with management privately, not through public forums or with subordinates.
• TV presenter will submit weekly reports to TV presenter Supervisor.
Requirements to Teach English in China:
• Speaks English at an Idiomatic level.
• Degrees and experience (one or more of the following):
Holds a Master's Degree from a top-ranking university (in a relevant subject such as Education, Psychology, English and drama, teaching degrees given top priority), equivalent qualifications or evidence of equivalent experience; over 1 year of teaching experience and relevant experience;
Holds a Bachelor's Degree from a top-ranking university (in a relevant subject such as Education, Psychology, English and drama, teaching degrees given top priority), equivalent qualifications or evidence of equivalent experience; over 2 years of teaching and relevant experience.
• TEFL: must pass TEFL with C or above, or TESOL, or CELTA.
• TKT: must pass TKT modules with Band 3 or above (please note this may be completed within 1 year of starting the position);
• Relocate: Must be willing to relocate to China.
Responsibilities for ABCtime ESL Teachers in China:
• Student age range: 6 – 12 years old.
• Class size: Unlimited, online.
• Class length: 25 minutes per class.
• Working Hours: 40 Hours Work Week (days off are discussed with employer); office hours and teaching hours *
• Curriculum: Teach an interactive broadcasting TV program for young learners.
• Training: Broadcasting initial training/ On-going training throughout the year – provided by training department team of teachers (Foreign and Chinese).
What We Offer our ABCtime ESL Teachers:
• Airfare to China: Flight is provided.
• Visa: Assistance in sponsored legal Z Work Visa in your home country and in China.
• Arrival: Airport Pickup assistance.
• On boarding: Ground service assistance.
Your compensation will include:
Net monthly income: USD4300 and up
• Monthly housing allowance.
• Bonus: Monthly bonus – calculated by teacher's performance data *
• Relocation bonus: One-time payment - paid on first payslip USD 1100 (RMB 8,000).
• Airfare Bonus: Provided once contract is fulfilled USD 1100 (RMB 8,000).
• Over time: Amount stipulated in handbook by school.
• Insurance: Basic Chinese health insurance.
• Public Holiday: Chinese public holidays off, Christmas and New Year's Day off.
• Annual Holiday: Stipulated by school in interview – this depends on the working hours *
• Sick Leave: 5 paid days' sick leave.
Other benefits include:
• Organized team-building activities
• Personal Career Development Planning